Diwali is “the festival of lights” and the most important aspect of the Diwali is the Lakshmi-Ganesh Poojan. This Poojan is done for wealth, wisdom and prosperity in their home. The Lakhsmi-Ganesh Poojan is a very elaborate affair where the entire family sits together and offers prayers to the deities.
For this poojan one needs lots of Pooja material and it is always convienant to arrange them into a Pooja Thali. Though the decorated Diwali pooja thalis containing all the puja accessories can be purchased from the market but the satisfaction and the pleasure of decorating this special thali yourself is a divine feeling. With a little interest in arts and crafts, making this thali would be decorated beautifully. A few tips given below can help you to do so:
Decoration tips for Diwali Pooja Thali :
Take a thali of any metal, shape and size.
Tip 1. Cover the thali with colorful designer packing paper sheet or cloth and put all the pooja accessories in the thali.
Tip 2. One can spread ghee or butter on the plate and take some roli in a small bowl and mix little water in it to make a paste and draw the holy symbols such as the ‘Om’, the ‘Swastika’ and the ‘Shree’ on the thali with it.
Tip 3. The betel leaves, which will make your thali look green, and put the colorful puja accessories in the thali.
Tip 4. One can cover the puja thali with petals of flowers like marigold, rose or any other.
Tip 5. One can use different rangoli colors and place diyas over it.
Tip 6. One can use rice grains and vermilion and place some flowers over it along with Diyas and incense sticks.
Diwali Pooja Thali decoration tips with complete explaination:
Tip 1 :
1. Take a medium size Thali and colour it with oil paints or poster colours (use golden yellow colour as background) all over the thali.
2. Draw small flowers on the side of the thali (surrounded with flowers)use orange or red colour for flowers. There should not be any gap between flowers.
3. Draw a big sunflower in the center of the thali using lemon yellow. Give little bit of orange as shade in the center of the petals.
4. There will be space left between the side flowers and center flower. Keep some rose petals on this left space (around the sunflower put this rose petals).
5. Keep the diya in the center of the sunflower and light it.
6. Keep some chawal and kumkum in a small container and place it on the rose petals.
Tip 2 :
1. Make some colourful designs at the border of the thali using color, lace or gota.
2. Fill the thali with water (not too much such that it overflows).
3. Put some rose petals in the thali.
4. Place a diya in the centre of the thali and lit it.
5. Place two small containers for “chawal” and “rolli” to keep it in the water filled thali.
6. Your unique and great Aarti or Puja Thali is ready.