Durga Puja is a five day festival which celebrates the victory of Goddess Durga over evil buffalo demon Mahishasura.
Durga Puja is widely celebrated in the Indian states of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Tripura and West Bengal.
In 2017 the five day Durga Puja will start from 26th September 2017 (Maha Shashti) and will end on 30th September 2017 (Bijoya dashami).
Few of our readers asked us to provide some Durga Puja 2017 Decoration Ideas.
Every year during Durga Puja festival, people bring idols of Goddess Durga in their homes or Sarbojonin Pandals on Maha-Shashti and worship the idols for five days and then on Dashami these idols are immersed in nearby rivers, lakes and seas.
Atleast a month prior to the Durga Puja festival people start the decoration process to decorate their house or pandal to welcome their beloved goddess.
Please find below some decoration ideal for Durga Puja for your home or Ganpati Sarbojonin Pandals / Mandaps.
1. Bright colored Durga Puja decoration can be done at your home with garlands.
2. You can do Durga Puja decoration with help of colorful frills, balloons and lanterns also.
3. You can purchase ready made thermocol decorated temple-like structures and install Goddess Durga Idols in them.
4. You can decorate the portion of your house in which you will keep idol of Durga Maa using floral designs or colorful candles and diyas.
5. You can decorate the floor with Alpana, a special bengali style of rangoli and make different postures of Goddess Durga or Swastika in it as shown in photos below.
6. You can lightup the room or the mandap where Idol of Goddess Durga will be kept with diya and candles or lights.
7. For Sarvajanik Pandals and Mandap / Stage decoration you need something big and grand decoration as shown below -
8. Sarvajanik Pandals and Mandap can also decorate their entrance gates with lighting as shown in photo below.